1. How long does the background check application take to complete? 5-10 minutes. The first page of the form contains 6 questions name, address, phone number, email, gender, driver’s license number, SSN, and DOB. The remaining 5 pages require your digital signature to approve the terms and conditions. You will also be required to upload a copy of a drivers license or another government ID. Our application does not require a time consuming previous address history.
2. What information do I need to provide when signing up for a membership?
Standard & Elite Members
Your first name, last name, SSN, date of birth, driver’s license or government ID, current home address, a profile photo, and a valid email address.
Basic Access Account Users
A free user account for users who wants to test-drive the site. The only information you need to sign-up for this account is your first name, last name, date of birth, and a valid e-mail address.
3. What’s the difference between a verified member and Basic Access account user? A verified member is a Standard or Elite member. It refers to a user of the site who has successfully completed a background check. A Basic Access account user refers to a user who has created a user account, has not gone through a background check and has no permission to contact members and to submit an ad.
4. Does everyone on the website have to complete a background check? Everyone can view the website with limited access including users that sign up for a Basic Access accounts. This includes being restricted from posting ads, contacting members, and writing reviews. All Standard and Elite members will be required to complete a background check during the account creation process. Once the background check process is completed and the membership access has been approved, full access will be granted.
5. Can I get a refund after my background check has been submitted? No. Once the background check request has been submitted, the third party verifier will immediately begin the process to ensure that your account is created. Haydash will issue a refund as long as you have not submitted your request for a background check.
6. How does Haydash verify and prescreen their members for safety? Haydash’s vetting process consists of several stages of verification which are put in place to provide you additional security during your search. The first stage is the criminal background check. In order to become a verified member, the applicant must first pass the criminal background check review. We then proceed to match the driver’s license or government ID information to the personal information provided. When all the information is verified, the applicant’s membership is approved or denied. All verified members looking to offer a rideshare must pass a motor vehicle report check. You will still be able to take a ride if you are not approved to be a driver.
7. Why do I need to upload my driver’s license? In early 2019, Haydash required all applicants to upload their driver’s license or government ID to match their personal information and profile picture in the system. This is an additional safeguard Haydash implemented to help protect members’ safety and verify users identity.
8. Why is there a cost for the membership? The membership fee is to cover the cost of processing members background checks. There are several companies that advertise National Criminal Database searches for $9.99. National database systems are dependent upon getting their data from individual state and county jurisdictions. If an individual state or county does not update its data to the national system on a regular basis, the system may have gaps in its coverage area. Haydash’s third-party verifier not only searches over hundreds of databases, but they perform county level and state level searches. With states charging fees up to $65.00 per state, counties charging fees up to $35.00 per county, and motor vehicle reports up to $27.50 it can get very costly and that’s not including the cost of the other checks that we perform. If an individual was to request the type of check that Haydash offers with another company it would cost around $60-$100.
9. Do you run a credit check? No. The result of your background check does not include a credit report from any of the credit bureaus. Our background check has no implications on your credit or credit scores.
10. How secure and private is my information during the background check process? The idea of providing sensitive information on the web can be scary and we want to ensure you that we take it very seriously and are always improving our technology as it advances. Our background checks are completed through an FCRA certified and NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners) accredited third-party company. The accreditation is governed by a strict and thorough set of professional standards of specified requirements and measurements. They cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than Haydash. When you submit sensitive information via their website or ours, your information is protected both online and offline. Any data that’s collected through the application process is encrypted and transmitted to Haydash and our third-party company in a secure way. During Haydash review process sensitive information such as social security numbers is hidden to all employees. Their website data is hosted securely by a PCI compliant hosting provider. To protect offline data, only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which personally identifiable information is stored are kept in a secure environment. Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form. Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission requirements that the information is unreadable upon disposal.
11. I don’t see any results in my city, is this an error?
Although Haydash is available throughout the US, it is highly possible that your search doesn’t match any of our ads due to different variables like the date of your travel, room availability, destination or location, etc. You can, however, speed-up your search by doing these two things:
Submit an Ad – Don’t wait until you find an ad, let them find you! Post an ad for your upcoming trips or whether you need a room or a roommate. We highly recommend this method for better result and use of the website.
Create an Alert – complete a search and then sent an alert to be notified if any current or new member submits an ad that matches your search. It’s an easy way to save time and effort.
12. Can I receive a refund if I don’t use any of the services? No. We will not be able to offer a refund but our team will go the extra mile in helping you find the best roommate or rideshare. We offer everyone the opportunity to view available ads before becoming a member. We would also be glad to look over your profile/post to see if we can offer any ideas that may help. We recommend completing the new member process once you’ve found a potential candidate.
13. How can I get a free trip?
We’re currently looking to build our testimonials section and could use your help. If you’re taking a trip and would like a Haydash team member to join in on the experience, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Free Ride”. If selected, we will contact you directly.
14. How do I log out of the website? Go to my account. Select settings. Select log out.
15. How do I report an issue?
For questions, technical issues, or inquiries please send an email to email@example.com
. To report a user, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
16. How do I delete my account? Go to my account. Select settings and click where prompted to delete your account.