1. How long does the background check application take to complete? 5-10 minutes. The first page of the form contains 6 questions name, address, phone number, email, gender, driver’s license number, SSN, and DOB. The remaining 5 pages just require your digital signature to approve the terms and conditions. Our application does not require a time consuming previous address history as it will automatically provide when we perform the check.
2. Does everyone on the website have to complete a background check? Everyone can view the website with limited access including users that sign up for a Basic Access accounts. However, this includes being restricted from posting ads, contacting members, and writing reviews. All Standard and Elite members will be required to complete a background check during the account creation process. Once the background check process is completed and the membership access has been approved, full access will be granted.
3. Why does Haydash charge for a membership? The membership fee is to cover the cost of processing members background checks. There are several companies that advertise National Criminal Database searches for $9.99. National database systems are dependent upon getting their data from individual state and county jurisdictions. If an individual state or county does not update its data to the national system on a regular basis, the system may have gaps in its coverage area. Most importantly, Haydash’s third party verifier not only searches over hundreds of databases, but they perform county level and state level searches. With states charging fees up to $65.00 per state, counties charging fees up to $35.00 per county, and motor vehicle reports up to $27.50 it can get very costly and that’s not including the cost of the other checks that we perform. If an individual was to request the type of check that Haydash offers with another company it would cost around $60-$100.
4. Do you run a credit check? No. The result of your background check does not include a credit report from any of the credit bureaus. Our background check has no implications on your credit or credit scores.
5. Can I get a refund after my background check has been submitted? No. Once the background check request has been submitted, the third party verifier will immediately begin the process to ensure that your account is created. Haydash will issue a refund as long as you have not submitted your request for a background check.
6. How secure and private is my information during the background check process? The idea of providing sensitive information on the web can be scary and we want to ensure you that we take it very seriously and are always improving our technology as it advances. Our background checks are completed through an FCRA certified and NAPBS (National Association of Professional Background Screeners) accredited third-party company. The accreditation is governed by a strict and thorough set of professional standards of specified requirements and measurements. They cannot and do not share, sell or distribute consumer information with or to any third party other than Haydash. When you submit sensitive information via their website or ours, your information is protected both online and offline. Any data that’s collected through the application process is encrypted and transmitted to Haydash and our third-party company in a secure way. During Haydash review process sensitive information such as social security numbers is hidden to all employees. Their website data is hosted securely by a PCI compliant hosting provider. To protect offline data, only employees who need the information to perform a specific job are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which personally identifiable information is stored are kept in a secure environment. Any backup data is maintained in an encrypted form. Destruction of consumer information follows the Federal Trade Commission requirements that the information is unreadable upon disposal.
7. Can I receive a refund if I don’t use any of the services? No. We will not be able to offer a refund but our team will go the extra mile in helping you find the best roommate or rideshare. We offer everyone the opportunity to view available ads before becoming a member. We would also be glad to look over your profile/post to see if we can offer any ideas that may help. We recommend completing the new member process once you’ve found a potential candidate.
8. What can I do if there are no results in my area when performing a search? Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know the details of your post. The more demand we see the faster we can get our team out and about to bring in more members.
9. How can I get a free trip?
We’re currently looking to build our testimonials section and could use your help. If you’re taking a trip and would like a Haydash team member to join in on the experience, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject “Free Ride”. If selected, we will contact you directly.
10. How do I log out of the website? Go to my account. Select settings. Select log out.
11. How do I report an issue?
For questions, technical issues, or inquiries please send an email to email@example.com
. To report a user, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
12. How do I delete my account? Go to my account. Select settings and click where prompted to delete your account.